crochet // scrap-buster blanket

My favourite types of projects are the scrappy ones.  You know, the ones with no planning, no stress, and no real idea of what it will look like when it's finished.


There's also the added bonus of using up all the supplies you've somehow managed to squirrel away all over the house.


For this blanket, I'm using up a lot of Knit Picks Palette (left-overs from my Fair Isle phase) as well as some 4ply Merino Blend from King Cole, and what I think is Jamieson's 2-ply.  I really love the contrast between the cooler colours and the bright warm reds and oranges.


The pattern is Hydrangea by Attic 24.  I don't know about you, but Lucy is still my first port of call when I need ideas for crochet blankets.  I knew I didn't want to Granny it, but I also wanted something simple to stitch that still had a little bit of texture.


It's looking great so far.  For scrappy blankets, I prefer to just eyeball the colour changes rather than sticking to a set pattern.  The only thing I'm really paying attention to is making sure that smaller balls are being used less often.  I'm also keeping as much as possible of the two largest balls set aside for the border.  And that's it!  If only all projects could be this simple!


I'm aiming for roughly single-bed sort of size, but really I'm just going to keep going until I run out of yarn!

Comments

Popular Posts