quilted // epp progress




For a while after moving to Scotland, I really missed Wales.  Apart from the people, what I missed most was the feeling of living in the countryside.  I'm really not a city person.  But with the recent heatwave, I've actually noticed that there's some really great scenery here too, you just have to look a bit harder for it!


With beach BBQs to attend and uni assignments to avoid, it's felt like crafting has taken a back seat.  But I'm actually really surprised how quickly my EPP is coming along!



My plan was to make this a real scrappy blanket - picking hexies to piece at random.  But after I'd sewn a few together, I realised I wasn't feelin it at all.  With some of the hexies I hadn't already pieced, I played around with the placement and found I really loved this colour gradient design.  It just looks so much more coherent.

And as much as it pains me to undo work, I knew it was the only option!  Luckily, blind stitching is pretty pain-free when it comes to unstitching.  Just snip the end stitch and pull!


So now I'm on a mission to make as many more hexies as I can before I start piecing.  Here's what I have so far:


Not many more to go.  And of course my brain is already another 4 steps ahead.  This morning I discovered that some of those mystery machine feet I was given as a present include not only a free-motion foot, but also an adjustable binding foot!!  So before I'm even finished making up the paper pieces, I'm already off imagining the fun I can have learning some free-motion quilting!

Comments

Popular Posts